If none of that interests you, save yourself time and exit now.
If you are in a hurry or just want to put a voice to my picture, here’s A SHORT AUDIO OVERVIEW:
You can be serious about your work, and not about yourself.
Give people a chance and hold them accountable
I hate dysfunction.
I don't suffer fools, though I realize the fool is often me.
We are responsible for what we put out into the world.
- People don’t like to be “sold to”, they like to be heard and helped.
- People are often assumed to not care about the “why” of things, but they do care.
- You can be skeptical without being considered negative, in fact skepticism fuels change.
- Sometimes a cliche is quite wise, such as saying actions speak louder than words…they do.
The other aspect of my dichotomy is that I am a forest AND trees person…meaning I see the big, long-range picture while at the same time I can burrow deep into the details of an issue to glean insights and solutions.
But being able to access those skills is only valuable if the results can be communicated clearly and in a meaningful way. I have been fortunate to be blessed with and have worked hard to cultivate those communication skills, in written, visual, and audible forms.
In the spirit of transparency and humility here are my top drawbacks:
- I can be impatient – Sometimes I forget that the world doesn’t always move at the pace I would like and I need to take a deep breath
- I can be OCD-ish – Sure attention to detail is a good thing, but ON OCCASSION I catch myself trying to make perfect that which good enough would suffice
- I wear my heart on my sleeve and my opinion on my face – Though I have learned to bite my tongue, hard…as in all that is left is a stub…but it has meant better relationships
I KNOW ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT I CAN ALWAYS KNOW MORE.
Usability and UX Design
Online Content Development
Workplace Culture Design
Process Systems Analysis
Predictive Data and Decision Matrix
Instructional Designer – Education
Operations TL – Retail
ASM Operations – Retail
Corporate Risk Adviser – B2B
Marketing Communications – Contractor
Business Process Consultant – Contractor
CURRENT RESIDENCE: Kansas City (too good to leave)
COLLEGE: BSBA, University of Missouri
SPECIALIZED TRAINING: Risk Management, Design Thinking, Behavioral Economics
Awards and Achievements:
Eagle Scout (do not ask for pictures of me in uniform, will not happen)
Two-time National Advertising and Marketing Award Winner
Phi Eta Sigma Academic Honorary
Self-learning Piano (ask about my 9-minute rendition of Mary Had a Little Lamb)
Kansas City Arts Supporter
United Way volunteer
Avid fitness trainer
Loyal Kansas City Sports fan
So please contact me for more information, including an OFFICIAL ROBERT WESTFALL CV, and to setup a time to talk.
I look forward to it.